The Anthony J. Jablonsky Outstanding Chapter Award, referred to hereafter as the Jablonsky Award, is named to honor a past Society president, past chair of the Advisory Board, and for fifty years an active supporter of Delta Mu Delta at the chapter and Society levels. The Jablonsky Award is presented to the chapter that not only exceeds Society standards, but has developed outstanding programs to provide additional service to members and creative ways to further chapter growth, development, and visibility.
The Anthony J. Jablonsky Outstanding Chapter receives an appropriate award and recognition in Society publications. A DMD Board officer will make a presentation at an appropriate ceremony.
Chapters competing for the Jablonsky Award must be in good standing (annual and financial reports from the previous year submitted on time, no DMD invoices of $100 or more outstanding more than 90 days) at the time the application was submitted. Chapters must have achieved STAR Chapter status to be eligible for the award. A chapter may receive the Jablonsky Award only once within a five-year period.
Applications are judged by at least three outside judges, neither Board members nor chapter faculty advisers.
Chapters should address at least three of the four areas as follows:
- RECOGNITION OF DELTA MU DELTA HONOR –
Provides an atmosphere in which membership in Delta Mu Delta is highly prized and sought after.
- RECOGNIZE SCHOLASTIC ACHIEVEMENT –
Sponsors opportunities that recognize scholarly work of students and develop an awareness of Delta Mu Delta.
- RECOGNIZE COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT –
Provides opportunities for student members to participate in community service projects, experiences and/or programs of a professional nature.
- RECOGNIZE CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT –
Provides an effective public relations program to increase visibility of the Society on the institution’s campus.
Outstanding Chapter of the Year
- 2020 — Eta Chi Chapter, Grand Canyon University
- 2017 — Alpha Iota Chapter, Athens State University
- 2015 — Zeta Pi Chapter, LaGrange College
- 2013 — Epsilon Theta, MidAmerica Nazarene University
- 2009 — Zeta Pi Chapter, LaGrange College
- 2008 — Zeta Xi Chapter, Alcorn University
- 2007 — Alpha Iota Chapter, Athens State University
- 2006 — Eta Sigma Chapter, Methodist College
- 2005 — Zeta Iota Chapter, Western International University
- 2004 — Eta Gamma Chapter, Northwest Missouri State University
- 2003 — Eta Pi Chapter, Albany State University
- 2002 — Zeta Phi Chapter, Midwestern State University
- 2001 — Alpha Iota Chapter, Athens State University
- 2000 — Zeta Lambda Chapter, Tarleton State University
- 1999 — Alpha Iota Chapter, Athens State University
- 1998 — Alpha Sigma Chapter, Elizabethtown College