Delta Mu Delta Faculty Advisers often perform their vital service with little recognition. National understands the need to honor such outstanding contributions with a separate award. Determination will be made by the Honors and Awards Committee. The board designated the following award to recognize the dedicated work and commitment of Rich Sosnowski to the mission of Delta Mu Delta. The purpose of the award was to recognize faculty advisers that have demonstrated the same dedication and commitment to the sustained development of their institution’s DMD chapter.
The board will designate a committee to select ONE faculty adviser each year that has displayed continuous excellence in the performance of his or her office, duties, and obligations over a significant period of time.
Nominees will be assessed using the following criteria:
- Length of service as faculty adviser (applicants must have a minimum of five years).
- Attendance at National meetings
- Reports sent on time
- Active and continuous participation of the chapter’s membership in DMD’s Scholarship Awards Program.
- Promotion of DMD to the institution’s business and charitable community.
- Star Chapter and other awards that recognize the chapter’s commitment to excellence.
- No chapter adviser will be able to receive the Sosnowski Award more than once.
Outstanding Faculty Adviser of the Year
- 2012 — Pamela Strickland Methodist University
- 2009 — Chuck Fazzi, Saint Vincent College
- 2008 — Carol Farabee, Western International University
- 2007 — Cindi Bearden, LaGrange College
- 2006 — Kathaleena L. Monds, Albany State University