Delta Mu Delta partners with Ambition In Motion to create the Delta Mu Delta Mentor Program
We are building a mentor program to connect students with alumni for professional guidance and mentorship.
Participating in this mentor program can work with your schedule and help you form mentor relationships that last a lifetime and open doors for you.
- Your mentor can help you achieve your professional goals. Your mentor can help you learn the skills to help you get closer to landing internship and job offers.
- Your mentor gives you the benefit of distance and proximity. Your mentor is also from Delta Mu Delta, so they care about your success, but they are also distant enough from you that they don’t know your past and don’t have any preconceived notions. This creates an opportunity for you to share information that you may not feel comfortable sharing with your closest friends while gaining wisdom from somebody experienced that wants to see you succeed.
- Begin building a personal board of advisors. Businesses have a board of advisors, why not you? This mentor can help you build a core of people that want to see you succeed.
Participating in this mentor program can help you pay it forward to the next wave of graduates from Delta Mu Delta while working around your schedule.
- Impact – the average mentee told 13 people about their experience getting a mentor. This is an excellent opportunity to pay it forward to a Delta Mu Delta student in a way that is meaningful to them.
- Stay involved – being a mentor allows you to stay connected to Delta Mu Delta even if you have moved away because you are getting to know a student on a deeper level.
- Learn – We know that mentorship creates mutual benefit. Just as you are imparting wisdom on your mentee, we know that the information and problems they are facing will provide information that will benefit you. Whether this helps you in your management position, mentoring somebody outside of work, or just practicing your ability to listen, empathize, and try to help, participating in this program can help you learn new skills.
About our program partner, Ambition In Motion:
Ambition In Motion’s background is in establishing both Higher Ed Mentor Programs as well as Business Mentor Programs to help increase the engagement of members, grow the culture of an organization, and help people pursue fulfilling careers. They match people together for mentorship based on Work Orientation because they have identified that aligning Work Orientation is a critical factor for successful mentorship. They also provide structure to the mentor meetings to help ensure that the mentor relationships facilitated are successful.
Click here to apply to participate in the Delta Mu Delta Mentor Program.