Lucinda Blue, Ph.D., CBCP, CRISC is currently Chair of the Business Administration and Economics Department, an Assistant Business Administration Professor, and Academic Advisor at Johnson C. Smith University (JCSU). With her sixteen (16) years of teaching online and on campus, she currently teaches business and computer science courses at JCSU for the past six years.
Lucinda’s other professional experiences include a Project Manager/Consultant, Duke Energy Corporation, Charlotte, NC, where she: 1) Provided Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing and documentation for controls and service organizations in the Insurance and Claims section and Market Credit Risk section. 2) Managed the Insurance Database for property, general liability, and auto regarding claims affecting the Company. 3) Developed and implemented the enterprise Business Continuity Planning strategy and awareness.
Her Professional Memberships include: DRI International (the Institute for Continuity Management); Project Management Institute; Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA now goes by its acronym only); NACADA (National Academic Advising Association); National Notary Association; National Parliamentarian Association; and Delta Mu Delta International Honors Society (advisor).
Some of Lucinda’s honors and additional scholarly activities include her book publication which is entitled, Fruitful Inspirations.
Grant-Writer; Servant-Leadership; Tech Savvy; Public Speaker; Ethical; Ability to work well under pressure; Critical Thinker; Oral & Written Communication; Teamwork; Self-Motivation; Problem-Solving.
- Ph.D. — Business Administration w/ a concentration in Management and Information Technology Systems, The Union Institute & University, Cincinnati, OH
- M.B.A. — Winthrop University, Rock Hill, South Carolina
- B.A. — Economics, Magna Cum Laude, Johnson C. Smith University, Charlotte, NC
- Certificate — Project Management, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
- Certificate — COVID-19 Contact Tracing, John Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- Certificate — FEMA, Emergency Management Institute, U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security
- Certificate — High-Impact Online Teaching & Learning Practices for Faculty at HBCU, 2020 – Gardner Institute & United Negro College Fund